Friday, March 22, 2013

I Love...

So many things.  So many little things.

I love that you still fit in this dress.  A favorite gift from your dancing buddy, Amy.
I love the way you walk into Kylee's (messy) room and announce "Duppeedup" (which means "clean up, clean up").

I love the way you sleep with both arms over your head.

I love the way you throw one hand in the air and dance when you hear anything that resembles music...a ringtone, a child's toy, a particularly melodic car alarm.

I love that you hop up on this bench every single time we walk out the front door.

I love that the sideways, sticky-out tongue is your go-to face.  Always.
I love that you see dirt and feel compelled to stick your fingers in it, beads and you instantly drape them around your neck, and shoes and you must try them on.

I love that anytime a motorcycle, or a car in need of a new muffler, passes the house you turn to me and announce that it is indeed "Noisy." 

I love that you know the rules well enough that you wouldn't go near the fountain until I told you it was okay.

I love that you understood how to toss the pennies in.  We'll work on wishes later.
 I love the way your hair is growing out and curling into itself in soft wisps in the back.

I love that you watch sports with your daddy.  You'll never really know how happy your interest makes him.

I love the way you watch every move we make and imitate it silently, down to facial expressions.

I love how expressive your eyes are.
 
I love that you want to walk to the same house every day, just to pick their very average flowers.

I love that as soon as your feet are dangling, you swing them wildly.

I love that your hair is finally long enough for some decent pigtails.

I love your profile.

I love your amber necklace, and that most people just assume I'm letting you wear jewelry for fun.
I love that you fit perfectly in the crook of my arm when we are laying side-by-side.

I love the way you know all of the names of the body parts and decide to randomly poke them with no warning just to prove it.

I love that it's finally the time of year when we get decent indoor light again.

I love the way you celebrate little and big victories with equal enthusiasm.

I love the way your hair catches and holds the sunlight, as if it glows.
 I love the way you will try any and every fruit and veggie at the produce stand, but turn your nose up at so many of them at home.  Okay, I don't really love that one, but I think it's pretty funny.

I love that you yell "Hi, turtle!" randomly at Crunchy, Sydney's pet turtle, and try to feed him from fake food cans.

I love the way you are learning to love reading, and the fact that you will finally sit still through 6+ books at a time.

I love the way you call out "Mommy" when you wake up.  Softly, and over and over, until I appear.

I love that you swing open the doors and windows of this house and say "hello" when you're playing.

I love those lips.
I love the way indirect sunlight hits your eyes and turns them the exact color of denim.

I love the way you loudly shout "Bye!" to Daddy and Ashley when you know it's time for them to leave.  No worries, because you know they will always return.

I love the way you love your sisters.  You are obsessed with every move they make and insist that they include you in everything.  

I love the way you call diapers "Elmo's" because I started buying Pampers...and they have Elmo on them.

I love that I can usually distract you when I'm cooking by asking if you are cooking also.  Almost every time you beeline it to your toy kitchen and whip up something.  Just like mommy.

I love that you love dress-up clothes.  You have no idea what the hula is, but you're down with a grass skirt anyway.

I love that you eat half of every berry, and put the rest back in the container for the rest of us.
I love all of your little birthmarks...especially the freckle on your hand.

I love the way that you have figured out how to use an iPhone and iPad in less time than it will take to potty train you.

I love the way your chubby legs look in short dresses and sandals...all dimply and perfect.

I love your cheesy smiles.

I love that there's usually some remnants from your last meal or snack on your face because you hate having it wiped.  And I choose my battles.
I love the way you love to be outdoors and are drawn to water.  You're so my girl.

I love that you have mastered how to get down from the sofa and bed, and that I can now walk away (or even just look away) without risking a broken bone.

I love that you are slow in getting teeth, and that your smile is still pretty gummy.  But the teeth you do have are killing me with cuteness.

I love the way you say "I love you," and even more so, the fact that you now say it unprompted sometimes.

I love that you are finally old enough to play with the ribbon wands from your birthday party.  Supervised, anyway.

I love that neon colors are "in" right now, because they look amazing on you.

I love that you will share a coconut popsicle with me.
I love that pretty much every cashier and bagger at both Publix and Target know you well.  I'd like to think that it's because you are so charming, and not because I shop too frequently.

I love that every day with you is a new adventure.  That you are curious and thoughtful when examining your surroundings.  And that there is nothing so wrong in your world that a quick "explore" of the back yard can't fix.

I love the way you love your daddy.  You light up every time he comes home.

I love that you appreciate the deliciousness that is chocolate.

I love that you wear my old dresses.

I love those cheeks and lashes.
I love that, even though you detest having your hair washed, you love your bath anyway, even knowing it always ends in a shampoo.

I love when you are feeling snuggly or tired or shy and you drape yourself across me, and bury your head into my arm, because you know you are safe there.

I love so very many things about being your mommy.  I could go on forever.  But mostly I just want you to know how very much I am enjoying right now.  I love your new-found independence, but also your need to have me nearby.  I love to watch you learn new words, eat new foods, pick up some new dance moves and discover new games.  I love it all.

I love the trust you have in us to never let you down.
I love that you came along and shook us up.  Proved that we weren't done growing as a family.  And found space in my heart for love I never knew I was capable of.  Love for a fourth baby that was there all along.  Love that.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of these too! I love that from this post, I pretty much know Finn. :) This completely captures her personality! Thank you for sharing her with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharmaine! I'm happy to share her. I feel like the babies we all have are too fascinating to keep to ourselves. It's so much more fun to be able to have a close-knit "family" who keeps tabs on things, too. Makes me sad that I didn't have this for my other girls. But I suppose I do...just later in their lives. You know I love seeing what you and Ray are up to as well. :o)

      Delete
  2. Well, i LOVE this! your love for her is so pure and strong and honestly, i love her too! as strange as that sounds. She is such a doll.
    on another note, i had responded to a very sweet and supportive comment that you made on my blog, which you probably haven't seen since i haven't posted in a month. (hung up on the bday post for some reason-i need to just finish it and publish.) i would love to send you an email... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! And no, it doesn't sound weird. I completely feel the same way about King. I feel like I could meet him (and you) in real life tomorrow and it would seem silly that it would be the first time...because I already know you! I saw and responded to your reply (just now) and will be sending over an email right away.

      Delete
  3. Awww Naomi! This was the perfect love letter! I just love her! And I don't know why, but I feel like I haven't "talked " to you in a while! That's why I came over here! To see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! I was feeling the same...like I missed you! I think we just keep missing each other. I'm going to email you my phone number. ;)

      Delete
  4. You know this post almost made me cry? Call me silly but I love this baby so much!!!! Those lips, the polka dot dress, the Elmo´s diaper, the "noisy"...My dream is to meet you all one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Nuria...that almost made *me* cry! I could never have known that joining Instagram and taking pictures that I truly thought could only interest me would lead me to this family of moms, many of whom shower my girls with so much love that my heart might burst! You and I share that dream. It will happen!

      Delete