Saturday, April 7, 2012

Grateful

It's crazy late here.  Well after midnight.  For some reason, twice today, I've come across blog posts from mommas who have lost a baby just before birth.  Why I found those posts, I don't know.  I do know I've been sitting here, crying my eyes out, trying to imagine what these women have been through and how they managed to find the strength to go on.  I stared at you, sleeping so sweetly.  Your chest rising and falling.  Your cheeks all rosy- just as they should be.  And I feel the most intense gratefulness that you are here.  That you are healthy.  That you have three older sisters.  I am beyond thankful for our family.  I feel silly for the time I spent today doing anything other than being in the moment and enjoying these child-filled days.  It's amazing how some tears can shift your perspective.  I don't have a post full of pictures to put up right now.  Just a post full of gratitude.  I am honored to be your mommy.  It floors me that I get the awesome responsibility of bringing you up to be the amazing young woman you are destined to be.  May I never take that for granted.  Not even for a moment.  I am crazy about you, you fuzzy-haired, chubby-cheeked, grunting, sitting, waving, giggling bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment