Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break is finally here, and your sisters have enjoyed having so much time with you.  I've never seen kids so excited about making a baby laugh.  You've been a constant case of hiccups, but you don't seem to be complaining.


So easily amused.  For now.
We've been enjoying the company of friends who are visiting from Colorado.  We spent one day lounging at the beach and another eating gelato downtown.  Do you know what's wrong with that sentence?  Not. A. Thing.  Well, except maybe that they had to fly in from Colorado to be able to visit.  I would love to have them closer.  


Arriving in style
Beach Baby
Building a wall of seaweed.  I didn't ask why.  But Rylan and Edie were helping the cause (see below).



We already miss those girls!  Come back to Florida soon!!

Gelato date.



Big sisters rock.

Playing by the fountain.



You were really digging the beach.  Just chilling in the shade.  We brought your Bumbo with us (it's totally washable and waterproof, right?), and you just hung out in it for a while.  You weren't even the littlest one there.  Another childhood friend of mine brought her three-week-old baby girl.  She was one of the tiniest babies I've ever seen.  I have never had one of those.  A tiny baby.  I couldn't stop taking pictures of her little peanut of a baby.  You only managed to get your feet sandy and never touched the water.  It's still too chilly.  Next time. We'll bring your daddy next time and I'll have some backup.  I think I was a little crazy taking a kid and a baby to the beach by myself.  Thank goodness for the extra hands of friends!


Sandy toes.
You've been sitting up like mad lately.  You're even catching yourself when you start to fall over and trying to pull yourself back to sitting if you fall backwards.  It won't be long before you are sitting on your own without the padding that I'm always spreading all around you.  You also just started really investigating these hands and fingers of yours.  You were stretching your left arm out all day yesterday.  It looked like you were raising your hand in class.  But eventually I noticed you were waving your fingers and staring at your hand while you did it.  Then today, you absolutely, full-on waved to your dad.  Then your sister...twice.  Then your dad again.  You are waving!!!  Amazing!  I love watching you slowly extend that chubby arm and glance at your fingers to make sure they're moving the way you think they are.  I'm wondering if you'll be a lefty like your grandma.  You are just blowing my mind, little one!


Little waver!
Last Friday you had your first taste of kindergarten.  I volunteered in Sydney's class because they had a busy day of tie-dying shirts, making hats, dying Easter eggs and an egg hunt scheduled.  You tagged along and managed to become the center of attention.  The downside is that you ended up with a cold.  Again.  Those kindergarteners are germy little things.  The first cold you caught was shortly after we visited Sydney's school for lunch.  I think you'll be banned from any further school visits until next year.


Sick baby.
We have more fun coming up this week.  Egg dying tomorrow.  A visit to the children's museum on Friday (daddy bought us an annual pass!), and your very first Easter!  Fun stuff.  

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, love (did I mention love?) the pic of her sandy little foot. You are a creative picture-taker, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look who's talking! Your pictures you posted on facebook are amazing!! Thanks on her sandy foot picture. They are some precious toesies, indeed.

    ReplyDelete