Friday, June 29, 2012

Morning Rituals



Now that we are allowed to sleep in until after the sun comes up, and now that you've realized you can pull yourself up to stand (with a little help), you and I have a new favorite morning activity.  While I am curling up on the couch with my baby and a cup of coffee, you are busy gazing over the back of the couch at the sunshine through the living room window.  You see, behind our sofa is a large bay window.  And you love the sunlight.  In fact, one of your favorite things is when I carry you to both bedroom windows and open the blinds every morning.  You get so giddy about that light pouring in.




Sometimes you just stand on the sofa, rest your chin on the cushion, and take in the morning.  




Sometimes you sit in the bay window and gaze outside at every neighbor and bird that passes our house.




And sometimes I just plop you down on top of the cushions and let you take in the view.




And have I mentioned how beautiful you look in that morning light?




Like, crazy-adorable.






Is it any wonder that I love waking up to this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment