Sunday, January 29, 2012

Take a Chill Pill

Sometimes this whole "being a mommy" thing gets to you.  It gets inside of your head and tells you that you're not creative enough, patient enough, fun enough.  For no particular reason at all it will occur to me that I haven't played "This Little Piggy" with you yet or sang "Row Row Row Your Boat" and feel like I've ruined you for life.  Silly I know.  But this is what led me to frantically play peek-a-boo with you this morning.  So much so that you looked a little terrified.  Mommy had temporarily lost her mind.  


Someone close to me suggested that I stage a few napping pictures of you, like the ones from Mila's Daydreams.  I think I will give it a try because it looks like so much fun.  Of course, my initial thought was that we were running out of time and needed to hurry up.  You're three and a half months old!  You'll be graduating high school any day now!  (See what I mean about the unnecessary panic?)  Then the rational side of me took over and realized that you take about four naps a day.  You'll be taking naps for the next several years.  I really need to chill out and wait for the opportune time and a moment of inspiration to collide.  So, what I'm trying to say, Little Finn, is that if and when you wake up one day and you're surrounded by sunflowers and butterflies made out of towels, blankets and potholders...it's just another photo session.  And another opportunity to capture your earliest days.  And that I am in a race against the clock to do every single fun thing with you before you decide you want nothing to do with me. And that day is inevitable.  But also like twelve years away.  We have plenty of time, baby.


Naptime: Unstaged

No comments:

Post a Comment